Subletting is permitted at the Ciguë, so long as the respect certain key principles:
- Sublets lasting longer than one month must be annonced to the Ciguë (name, email and telephone number of the subletter) in case of emergency.
- The maximum duration of a sublet cannot exceed 6 months (the length of an exchange semester), beyond which you must cancel your lease at the Ciguë.
- All other house-mates must agree on the choice of subletter.
- By subletting your room, you remain responsible for rental payments and any debts (or damage) caused by your subletter in your absence.
- The Ciguë will not sign a contract with your subletter, but we encourage you to sign a subletting contract between you and your subletter. You can find an example of a subletting contract below. This contract in no way engages the Ciguë.
- It is strictly forbidden to sublet your room at a higher price than the rent (utilities included) written on your lease contract, at the risk of immediate cancellation of your lease. Rental prices are publicly available on our website.
- The chosen subletter must be in the Ciguë criteria, in the same way as any other resident of the cooperative (must be in training, earn under CHF 3000 per month, and be above 18 years of age).
This policy is defined in Article 18 of the Regulations of the cooperative.
For more information, don’t hesitate to contact our office.Exemplaire-contrat-sous-loc